1. A network technician is assigned to perform a site visit to a customer location to determine the requirements for a network upgrade. In addition to the currently installed equipment inventory, what other information about the hosts and networking devices should the technician obtain from the customer?
*any planned growth anticipated in the near future
2. Which three issues should be noted on the technician's site survey report? (Choose three.)
*poor physical security of network devices
*lack of UPS for critical devices
3. What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose three.)
*the path that the data takes through a network
*the device names and Layer 3 addressing information
*the location of routing, network address translation, and firewall filtering
4. When designing a network upgrade, which two tasks should the onsite technician perform? (Choose two.)
*investigate and document the physical layout of the premises
*perform a site survey to document the existing network structure
5. What must be added when a network expands beyond the coverage area of the current telecommunications room?
6. Which three items are typically found in an MDF? (Choose three.)
*switches and routers
*the point of presence
7. Which device has the ability to break up broadcast and collision domains?
8. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of twisted pair cable is used between each device?
*A=console, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
9. Why is it important to review the results of an on-site survey report with the customer before beginning the network design?
*to verify that the report accurately describes the current network and any plans for expansion
10. Which two benefits can be gained by locating network equipment in a telecommunications closet, rather than in a user area? (Choose two.)
*improved physical security
*centralized cable management
11. What does the use of redundant network components supply to a network?
12. Which type of cable has a solid copper core with several protective layers including PVC, braided wire shielding, and a plastic covering?
13. What is the term for the location at the customer premise where the customer network physically connects to the Internet through a telecommunications service provider?
*point of presence
14. In what two ways will entering into a managed service agreement with an ISP for a network upgrade affect the costs that are incurred by the customer? (Choose two.)
*Network upgrade and maintenance costs will become predictable.
*The company will not need to spend a large amount of money to purchase the equipment upfront.
15. What is the benefit for a company to use an ISR router?
*An ISR provides the functionality of a switch, router, and firewall in one device.
16. It is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is "five-9s". What is meant by this?
*A network needs to be available 99.999% of the time.
17. A client requires a networking device that is capable of expansion to accomodate growing network demands. What characteristic must this device have to meet this requirement?
*modular physical configuration
18. Refer to the exhibit. To allow IP communication between the two networks, what type of device is required?
19. What are two advantages of having ISP-managed services? (Choose two.)
*increase availability of help desk services